OneKind Planet believes we are all equal and that all animals, whether big or small, deserve the same love, care and respect as people. It is an educational resource for anyone, young or old, who has an interest in animals and wishes to make a difference.
- Share fascinating facts about animals. Want to know which animal is the fastest or who has the strangest sleeping habits? OneKind Planet has the answer – head on over to our Top 10 pages to find out.
- Educate people worldwide on animal welfare issues. We want to see a fairer world for animals and believe that education has a huge role to play in this. Help us achieve our mission by spreading the word and sharing our content on social media.
- Encourage people to take action for animals. We regularly share campaigns from other conservation organisations to highlight the issues, and there is always a link to take action. Read our latest campaign here.
- Inspire everyone to live a more animal-friendly lifestyle, whether that is by changing your diet to eat less meat or switching to reusable water bottles to reduce waste. You’ll find plenty of tips in our AnimalKind section.
- Contribute. Scottish Charity OneKind owns and runs OneKind Planet. Its focus is on improving animal welfare in Scotland through high-profile campaigns, political lobbying and investigations. Every penny raised through OneKind Planet helps to advance their campaigns. See what OneKind has been up to recently on their campaigns page, or donate to help create a better life for animals in Scotland.
Share your thoughts
OneKind Planet is a global initiative. We are always happy to hear from our millions of users around the world, not to mention our contributors. Get in touch if you have comments, questions or great ideas – we would love to hear from you.
Meet the writers
OneKind Planet relies on a wonderful team of volunteers to keep the website up to date with fascinating facts about animals. Learn more about our team below.
Jane Warley is the editor of OneKind Planet. She has been involved with OneKind since February 2017, working mostly on the OneKind Planet website but also on reports and other written documents. She is an editor with a marine science background and a specialist interest in marine mammals. Jane enjoys being able to combine both science and writing to help OneKind spread the word about animal conservation. When not working, Jane is by the sea or exploring nature with her family.
Ami Patrick is a volunteer writer for OneKind Planet. She graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 2015 with a Degree in Zoology and is particularly interested in animal behaviour. She believes that educating people about conservation and animal welfare is the best way to change our world. Ami is an avid reader and enjoys running, walking, and wildlife watching with her trusty binoculars in the countryside surrounding her home.