It’s no surprise that charities are taking a hit and struggling due to Coronavirus. Many rely on events for fundraising, all of which are on hold. It’s hard and OneKind is no different. To help, though, Just Giving have teamed up with the UK events industry to create the 2.6 Challenge. It’s open to anyone and suitable for all ages; you can do anything you like as long as it revolves around the number 26 or 2.6!
To raise money for OneKind, I have decided to run 26 miles – the length of a marathon – in a week. I’m no runner and have done no training so it will be interesting to see how it goes. It’s nice to have some motivation to exercise after weeks in lockdown.
If you would like to take part and help OneKind during this difficult time, here are 26 ideas to give you inspiration. You can do what you like but make sure you follow the Coronavirus guidance for your area.
26 ideas for the 2.6 Challenge
- Plant 26 seeds and watch the flowers grow
- Write a list of 26 fascinating animal facts and share them with your friends and family
- Take 26 photos of animals in your home, garden or while out and about
- Pick up 26 pieces of litter or pick up one piece of litter every day for 26 days if you can do so safely
- Go on 26 local nature walks and see what you find
- Find 26 different plants or bugs in your garden
- Follow 26 animal charities on social media and help them out by spreading the word
- Bake 26 vegan cupcakes
- Walk around your garden, house or up and down your balcony 26 times
- Dance for 26 minutes
- Try 26 new foods
- Write and send 26 letters to friends, families and neighbours
- Donate £26 or 26 items to a local charity or foodbank
- Draw 26 different animals
- Do 26 star jumps
- Walk up and down your stairs 26 times
- Team up with someone you live with and throw a ball between you 26 times
- Read 26 books
- Do something nice for someone every day for 26 days, make a cup of tea, breakfast in bed, anything you can think of!
- Walk, run or cycle 2.6 km or for a longer distance why not try 26 miles – it doesn’t have to be in one day!
- Hold a 26 minute silence
- Give up your favourite treat for 26 days
- Hold a competition to see who can skip the most times in 26 seconds
- Spend 26 minutes building a tower out of lego and see how high you can make it. Challenge someone else to beat your height!
- Organise a 26 question quiz and virtually invite your friends and family to take part
- Make 26 origami animals
Get involved with the 2.6 Challenge
If you would like to get involved or simply to show your support for the OneKind team, here’s what you need to do:
- Decide what you want to do for your 2.6 Challenge
- Spread the word
- Complete your challenge
- Let us know how you get on by visiting our Facebook page or by using #TwoPointSixChallenge and @OneKind_Planet on Instagram or Twitter!